1. What is a Group Family Daycare?
- A daycare that operates in a home-based business in his/her private residence
- May care for infants, toddlers, pre-school, and school-aged children who need supervision after school
2. Are you licensed to operate a Child Care?
Yes we are licensed by the State Office of Children and Family Services.
3. What certifications do you have to work with children?
Ongoing Training/ Professional Development:
- The NYS Mandated Health and Safety training.
- A Group Family Day Care Provider must complete 30 hours of training within the first year of registration.
- After the first year, 30 hours of training is required for every 2 years.
- The 15 hours of Health and Safety training count toward the 30 hours of required training.
- NYS Medication Administration Training (MAT)
- Infant/Child CPR/First Aid has been completed by all 3 providers.
- Also the head provider has a Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education
- second assistant holds a master degree in Psychology, she worked as a school couselor for nearly 20 years
3. What kind of experience does your staff has to work with children?
Maria: Over 12 years caring for children. 6 years as a nanny and nearly 7 years as a daycare assistant.
Elizabeth: 9 years as a teacher and owner of Little House Day Care
Ximena: 20 Years working for the school system as a school counselor
4. Why is your program different?
Picture homeschooling your children...the personal care, love and dedicated education. Wouldn't you like to offer that to your children?
statistics show that homeschool children have a higher IQ than typical school children. At Little House Day Care we work hard to combine the right ingredients to create a successful homeschool environment.
-We take care of the homelike aspect, children feel at home when they attend our daycare. Not just because is a home child care setting but because the providers tend to every child's individual needs. Love and education go hand in hand.
-We provide our children with organic, nutritious, home cook meals. We encourage our children to eat healthy snacks and meals.
-Every moment is a learning moment that is our motto. We teach children throughout play, activities, music, etc. Our environment is a bilingual environment, English and Spanish are spoken simultaneously during the day.
5. What do you offer?
- A safe and loving environment
- nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- a variety of activities that will encourage your child's physical, cognitive and emotional development
- open doors for parents, you are free to visit and call as many times as you wish
- daily reports and communication about your child
- pictures and video or your child in order to keep parents up to date with your child's growth and development. You will never miss any milestone
- open communication with your child. If your wish to receive phone or skype calls from your child, we will make sure to have this available for you.
- as flexible as we could be in order to accommodate your or your child's needs
6. Why choose Little House Day Care?
Because we care. We love children and deeply care for their safety and overall wellbeing. We like to develop a good relationship with the parents. We work in teams with the children's parents in order to fully provide the inclusive care for your child's needs. Parents are always informed and included in daycare activities and curriculum. Child care is often Individualized according to every child's different development and needs.